Welcome! I’m Evelyn Brooks, writer, reader, violinist, and lover of words.
As a Christian, I believe words have the power to convey God’s truth, which leads to transformation in a person. It’s this transformation from truth that is the real reason words are so beautiful. This is why I love sharing book reviews, writing advice, encouragement, my own projects, and other literary related things on this site.
While the fantasy genre has always called to me, I also am enthusiastic about classic literature, poetry, and any other good book. A few of my most beloved authors and favorite works of theirs are
- Brandon Sanderson– The Stormlight Archive is my favorite Cosmere series while Skyward is my top non-Cosmere book
- Jane Austen– Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park
- C.S. Lewis– The Weight of Glory, Mere Christianity, The Chronicles of Narnia
- J.K. Rowling– The Harry Potter series, the Fantastic Beasts series
- Emily Dickinson– “Arcturus is His Other Name”, “I Measure Every Grief I Meet”
So, have a look around, and enjoy your time here.